Monday, February 7, 2011

A few brief thoughts on weddings

1) The uploading time alone makes it not quite worth it to put up nearly 600 photos of your wedding on Facebook, even if the ceremony was beautiful.

2) I am so not ready for one of those things. I don't WANT to be ready for one.


4) When I am ready for one of those things, I will not get married with a 7-foot high medieval death instrument (a cross) at the altar.

5) 99% of the time, flower girls are beyond adorable.

6) I'm seriously impressed/terrified by the amount of planning that goes into them. The cake, the food, the flowers, the reception hall, the church/ceremony location, the chairs, the tables, the photography, the dress, the bridesmaids and groomsmen, etc. etc. etc.

7) Graduating from college = 400 weddings and engagements.

8) So that means an oncoming rash of babies. Oh god.

9) I am DEFINITELY not ready for one of those things, so kudos to you ladies and gentlemen who are.

10) Weddings = good food. I should befriend more engaged people.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all your points, except number 4. :) And not because I don't think it's an ancient symbol of torture and death. Rather, *because* it's a symbol of death, I think it's appropriate.

    Ew. Hence my own fear of marriage.

    They should start advertising: wanna get married? prepare to DIE.

    :)

    ReplyDelete