Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

I know that people usually end the year with a "Whew, so happy that's over," or a "God, I hope next year sucks a lot less," but I gotta say, I'm going to miss you, 2010.

If I think about where I was at this time a year ago (pining over a selfish ex who was so not worth the emotion, panicking about my upcoming Capstone, booking a train ticket to Boston to visit a friend because I was lonely and miserable, watching my bank account dwindle from said ticket, hating my job), compared to where I am now, 2010 has carried me a long way. My university let me graduate, wonder of wonders, magna cum laude, even! I have my own lease on a wonderful apartment, a beautifully crazy roommate with an equally crazy cat, a steady job (actual opinions about it aside, it pays OK), a crappy GRE score behind me and a better one to come (let's hope), and a fantastic, loving, amazing boyfriend (gush gush gush) that I've managed to hang onto for almost a year. Not to mention the ever-present backdrop of family (in Arizona) and friend who keep me anchored to the ground.

In short...in spite of the amount of bitching I do, life is good. Blessed, even. I have no clue what next year is going to blow in my direction, but I look forward to finding out.

1 comment: