Thursday, March 12, 2009

A wee bit of an obsession.

OK, so the post that got deleted for this one was lame. So I'm writing up a new one. And I present to you...two of the world's greatest music videos.





I went to go see Great Big Sea last night in Moncton. Will post pictures later (maybe), but I have two things to say: 1) They are the best band in the history of ever and 2) Alan Doyle is a gorgeous, gorgeous man (he's the dude with the long hair looking coyly at the camera in the "Lukey" video). Many, many thanks to Gabo and Carlene for making it such a fun time, indulging my ridiculous photographic habits and driving through crappy weather to get us there!

Saw GBS last year around this time in DC while the crowd was dancing around in a giant parking lot outside of a stadium drinking beer in the rain--and they brought along Russell Crowe to do a song--but I gotta say, seeing them in a hockey rink in the Maritimes? And now that I know pretty much all of their music? Uh. May. Zing. They'll be at the Wolf Trap (outside of DC) on August 21st, conveniently one day after my 21st birthday. Hence, I will be celebrating the birthday a day later and will somehow be obtaining a lot of Canadian beer afterwards (Brickskeller, anyone?--though it seems the only Canadian beers they have are Wyder's, Molson, Moosehead, and Unibroue....where's the other Maritimes stuff, guys???).

And then I'll go work on my grad school applications to schools in Canada.

I'm looking forward to going back at this point, but MAN, am I going to miss New Brunswick.

No comments:

Post a Comment